Training and Consultation Program
Being “with woman” through pregnancy, labor and birth, one of the most transformative times of life, is amazing, intense and important. It is full of emotional, physical and developmental change. Birth workers often have much of the “head” knowledge to provide this care. But, the work of supporting a woman as she faces the joys and challenges is an art – and not one that most educational programs give much focus to. At Little Tree, our passion is providing a model of care that is about connection and compassion. A place where we don’t back away from a woman’s discomforts or challenges, but stand strong and grounded as we support her to walk through the journey, however difficult, with the knowledge that growth is often uncomfortable. To do this, to be able to stay grounded as a woman is “hitting her wall”, takes study and practice of a different kind of knowledge.
To do this work in an authentic way, in a way that doesn’t lead to burn out, requires the birth worker to have a strong foundation in self care, followed by an interest in and a commitment to a path of self growth. It requires the ability to step into the birth space, sink in, open up and access our intuition. How do we do that?
Our training is for any birth worker: midwife, doula, RN, physician, at any point in your career.
- Core Connection This class is the foundation course for any training or mentorship that is offered in the birth worker training at Little Tree. In this class we will go DEEP to explore how we show up in the birth space (and in life) in a way that is connected and inspired by our intuition. In this experiential, all day workshop, I will share with you tools and practices that will deeply enrich the work you are doing. This class is not about what we do in the birth space, but rather how we do this work in a way that is connected and intuitive. It is appropriate for birth workers brand new to the work, or those who have been at it for years.
- $120 per person. Next offering November 15, 2020. Contact us to register.
- Labor Support Training – Building on the ground of the Core Connection course, this two day workshop will provide a framework for the work of labor support that is grounded in a model that honors the interconnectedness of all we do in the birth space. We will explore topics like rhythm, integration of mind/body/speech, development, and birth worker wellness. We will continually return to clearing the obstacles that block your intuition. Don’t worry, we will also talk tools, tricks and skills -but not from a prescriptive place, but rather from one of connection and intuition.
- Attendance at Core Connection is a pre-requisite for this workshop.
- This workshop is one component of Doula Training with Little Tree. If you are interested in becoming a Doula, contact us, for details about additional requirements.
- We are exploring CEU credits for RN/CNM/Doula.
- Consultation/Training Packages – Building on the ground we establish in Core Connection, our consultation packages provide individualized opportunities to dive deeply into an approach that supports growth, connection, and compassion – for the clients you care for and yourself too. Tailored to meet your needs, consultation packages are supportive to new and seasoned birth workers alike. We can focus on review of cases, practice start ups, self care, job selection, team building and more. Consultation can take place in person or online.
- Program includes:
- 10 individual consultations with Amy – in person or via video conference. 90 minutes in length.
- Email check-ins.
- Add on option for working with and getting feedback from Amy while teaching classes, or providing labor/birth support (in the role of the Doula) – either with Little Tree clients, or clients of your own. For midwives, option of fellowship type program providing out patient midwifery care.
- Because this type of work is deep, it takes time. We recommend 10 consultations over a 10-12 month period (you can schedule this to best meet your needs). Contact us for more details or to register for consultations.
As my preceptor, Amy has helped me increase my level of confidence as a provider and hone my midwifery skills, all the while, still allowing me the space to discover my own path as a Midwife. She has provided me with constructive feedback to further my growth in a non-judgmental space, whilst being approachable to questions and encouraging my increased knowledge of integrative health care and best practices.
Amy has cultivated a great deal of wisdom along her path and has an abundance of admirable attributes. Amy prioritizes self care for the client and provider and has exposed me to a wide range of practices that can be individualized to fit each person’s lifestyle. Lastly, she possesses a strong sense of herself, uncompromising of her midwifery values and the patients best interest.
I strive to care for women and their families with the same mind, body, and spirit approach that Amy has demonstrated to me throughout our time together. I feel confident that I have encountered a lifelong mentor that has added value to my life and career. – a student in Colorado